Shot Heard Round the World



Yesterday I cheaped out and posted the excellent poem, Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Today, I'm happily sharing my own pictures and experiences of the Battle of Lexington and Concord this morning.

Here are the Regulars retreating across the North Bridge in Concord. The Minute Men followed them up and chased them back to Cambridge.


I can't believe I've lived here all this time and have never seen this 3 minute, but all-important battle!

It was a beautiful day to start a revolution.

Comments

Jenn Casey said…
My son would have LOVED seeing that! One of these years, we're getting up there to see that.

We did watch Schoolhouse Rock version of "The Shot Heard 'Round the World" today though. And most of the rest of America Rock. :o)
Lynne said…
I'm not ashamed to admit that basically all I know about the bill-to-law process I learned from Schoolhouse Rock! I love those shorts. We don't have the America Rock collection, just Science, Multiplication, and Grammar Rock.

Why, just this week, we all broke into "Conjunction Junction, what's your function?" in the car at a junction sign, and I soloed with "If you skate, it would be great, if you could make, a figure 8" while ice-skating!

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home