And Then There Were Seven

Not including the mother who appears to be getting a little aggravated by the young'uns' unruly behavior, only seven small turkeys remain (they're getting quite big). I had a hard enough time counting them, I can't possibly identify which has been lost, but I'm guessing it's one of the twins. The smart one. There was one who remained in my yard longer than the mother liked. She started squawking and the remaining turkey ran back and forth along the fence, apparently forgetting he had the power of flight.


Here for your edification is a great little diagram of a full grown male turkey and how to tell the difference between a tom and a hen.


Just call me Marlin Perkins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153