Who is John Galt?

Have you been wondering that lately?

Or do you know and think it's time to meet him again?

From the inside cover of the book Atlas Shrugged:
"This is the story about a man who said he would stop the motor of the world--and did.  Was he a destroyer or the greatest of liberators?"

Written in 1957, and named second only to the Bible as most influential book in a 1991 Library of Congress survey, Ayn Rand's novel, Atlas Shrugged, may prove to be more important today than ever before. It has sold over 6,500,000 copies and continues to surge in popularity as the policies and politics of this country come periously close to resembling those in the novel. However, this novel is not merely prophetic, but promotes Ayn Rand’s universal theme of the "role of man's mind in existence."

If you've been interested in reading Atlas Shrugged or want to read it again, join me at the kick-off meeting of the Atlas Shrugged Reading Group on Monday, October 18th. We’ll meet at the Chelmsford Library from 7:15 - 8:45 PM.  Over twenty sessions (dates to be determined), each covering approximately 65 pages of the novel, we'll examine the details and broad meaning of this classic novel.

We will be using the pacing and format set by Dr. Diana Hsieh's "Exploring Atlas Shrugged" website and podcast found at http://www.ExploreAynRand.com/1957/. If you're joining us on the 18th,  please read Part I, Chapters 1, 2, and 3.

 
If you have any questions, please email me at AtlasShruggedReadingGroup@gmail.com

Or you guys can ask me here.  That’s just one of the benefits I offer my readers.

My friend, Bettina, and I are excited to get this project going, and hope that some of our local friends and others interested in the ideas contained in the novel will join us. Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested and able to participate.

Thanks,




 

Comments

Earl3d said…
I love my local ASRG, & I'm always excited to see a new one announced. Congratulations! I hope it's a great success!
Lynne said…
Thanks, Earl. I hope so, too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home