There’s Only One.


It’s January 14th and you know what that means: only one month until



©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©




Drum roll, please, … … … … … … …





The Big Show!!!



That’s right folks!


The contestants of the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show are once again preparing to descend upon Madison Square Garden in a grueling, two-day, no-holds barred display of doggie diversity.  And you’ll never guess who’ll be among the live spectators of all that glitz, glam, hair, and drool.  If you guessed me and mine – you’re correct.

We couldn’t be more excited! Okay, three of the four of us couldn’t be more excited; Stephen is coming along to humor me and possibly look up from his book once in a while to make what he thinks is a witty comment. But, hey—I’ll take it (as well as admit that while he’s no Fred Willard, his commentary tends to make me laugh out loud).  

Sadly, though, as is usual with our fab NYC flash tours, we can spend only 24 hours there and so will miss ½ of the judging. 

Breeds in the Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups will be judged during the day Monday, with those Groups being judged Monday evening. Breeds in the Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups will be judged during the day Tuesday and those Groups will be judged that evening, followed by Best In Show.
As such is the case, we chose to be there for the final judging, Best in Show (referred to as BIS in the biz). Of course this means we miss not only the judging, but also access to the benching area, for the hounds, toys, non-sporting, and herding groups.  (Apologies to Tara, Izzy B, Moxie, and Tasha for my subsequent inability to play puparazzo to their favorite canine celebs.*)  Mostly, I am disappointed about missing the chance to get up close and personal to the three Belgians**, but am delighted to be able to see the two new breeds of ginormous working dogs*** recognized by the AKC this year. [I fully expect ginormous to be a new term for descriptive use recognized by the AKC in 2012.]

In preparation for the big show, I intend to let my blog go to the dogs, so to speak, between now and when we leave for the NYC and I hope to tweet (#WKC) the experience while I’m there! 

It's all just too exciting.

Woof.

*    If dogs could read, I’m certain they would be periodic readers of my blog.
**  I shall try to explain my love of all sheepdogs Belgian in a later post.
***Eye candy and hard hitting reporting to come.

What’s the deal with the dogs, Lynne?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153