Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hey. I'm back.

While walking, laughing, crying, dancing, and marching in the cemetery this morning, I had an epiphany.

I need a selfie drone to follow me and record my attitudinal changes while walking in the cemetery. It occurred to me as I switched from a audible laugh thinking about a book club conversation I had recently with friends (which oddly, had nothing to do with the book) to a teary-eyed suppressed sob as I passed by the taken-too-soon "Always Daddy" headstone.  I breathed deeply and leveled out into a stroll under the towering pines, hopped back onto the cemetery proper, and marched up the hill like a soldier.

I was alone.
I wasn't wearing headphones.
I enjoyed my own thoughts,
And am my own best counsel.
But I felt a little crazy.

It was then I decided: I'm going to blog again. 

Now, I know you're all saying, "Lynne! That's fabulous! We've missed you so!!!" Or maybe not, but frankly, I don't give a damn, my dear. 

I blog for me. 

And I've been busy. 

Doing what?

Maybe I'll be able to articulate a quotidian life in a fascinating fashion. 

Maybe I won't. We'll just have to find out. 

For now, however, here is a snapchat of me as the Terminator.

And, yes.  This is the kind of sterling writing and eye candy you can expect from me for the near future.

No comments: