10 Things I Learned (or Confirmed) By Walking Every Day.


  1. If there is a woods option, take it.
  2. There is usually hiking or walking path within 30 minutes of wherever you are. Use technology to find it. 
  3. I am the only one enamored of shadow pictures.
  4. Walking alone is restful, unless you are particularly restless.
  5. What's more exhilarating than pockets of warm and cool air as you walk? Pockets of good and bad smells. (Well exhilarating might not be the best word for the bad ones.)
  6. Proper footwear should never be discounted.
  7. It is much harder to walk on a very humid day is than it is to walk the rest of the year -- even through snow and rain.
  8. Walking with friends is great! Walking with my dog is great! Walking with my dog and my friends and their dogs does not work for me. 
  9. I have gone from timing how fast I can walk to exploring how much can soak in. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I suppose it depends on my objective, which was to walk every day for a year. No more no less.
  10. Walking everyday makes me happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153