Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Girl

Stephen and I watched this show On Demand last night and it did not disappoint.  Zooey Deschanel is so damn cute that even if the writing wasn't good, I still might like the show.  But it was hilarious!  A lot, but not all of the hilarity can be seen in this 160 second trailer.  I recommend it.

Premiering September 20th on Fox after Glee.



Damon Wayans, Jr. is so much like Damon Wayans (love him) and the Schmidt guy is a total. . . well. . . douche; the third character is iffy, but Deschanel is pure delight. Bonus for me: she completely reminds me of the some of the best quirky bits of both of my daughters. 

4 comments:

Mark Wickens said...

Looks promising! FYI, looks like Wayans is being recast due to a conflict with another show he's doing. http://www.digitalspy.ca/ustv/news/a326186/damon-wayans-jr-to-depart-the-new-girl.html

Lynne said...

Bummer! I looked forward to seeing more of his character as only he (and his father) could deliver it.

We'll see. Thanks for the info.

HaynesBE said...

Thanks for the great recommendation. A show I can love with my daughter!!!

Lynne said...

My older daughter is very much looking forward to it as well!