3 Good Things (catalog edition)

Now is the time for all good mail-order companies to inundate you with catalogs. Far from being paid by these companies, I generally have to pay to get rid of the trash they generate! I do have a few favorites, though.
1)      Bas Bleu : a catalog about words, books, and books about words.  In addition to some terrifically unique books, there are some terrifically unique gift ideas, especially for Anglophile bibliophiles.
2)      Chinaberry: all book-loving parents ought to know about this wonderful book resource.  Like, Bas Bleu, it is chock full of great books and delightful little gift ideas.
3)      Femail Creations:  I have to say that I find a lot of the stuff in this catalog pretty funny.  It’s not all great, but some gift items may be just perfect for someone on your list.

Comments

HaynesBE said…
I have always loved Chinaberry--but haven't looked at it lately as my kids are choosing their own books these days. Looks like I need to check it out again. Your book links are intriguing.
Have you read The Professor and The Madman: A tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary? As one who love words, I think you will find it fascinating.
Lynne said…
That's sounds really good - thanks for the suggestion. I'm beginning to get that out-of-control stack of books by my bedside right now.

For some reason, historically, I'm a reading fiend in January. I'm going to have to put that one my Christmas list.
Christina said…
We have The Professor and The Madman, Lynne. It's one of those books that mocks me from the bookshelves. Remind me to get it to you when you're ready for your stack to topple over.

And here is a virtual catalog I plan to spend time perusing over the next few days, and I may even put it in my tagline when I send my DH the usual "Please bring home a quart of milk" emails.
Lynne said…
That you own it does not surprise me in the least. I almost said that it's a book I think Fiddler would like.

That catalog is a big tease (but does not have my P&P towel). Thanks for linking to it and good luck with the subliminal messages.

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home