3 Good Things (Teenage Daughter edition)

1.   Will teach you how to Dougie, and the difference between it and some other thing you have no hope of remembering. (I didn’t say she was a good teacher, or that I am a good student.)
2.   Will introduce you to musical acts you never knew existed. (And some you may wish didn’t exist, at least not on her iPod.)
3.   Will drive you to the store with the confidence of veteran driver having over 25 years of experience. (Of course without the benefit of having even 25 months of actual driving experience to support said confidence.)
Yes, I know this is not the intended use of a Good Things list, but I really needed to explore these issues in a more positive form than periodically shouting expletives from the passenger’s seat.
Speaking of teenage daughters, this is the time of year that some high schools support the girls playing typically male-dominated sports under the Powderpuff  banner.  My daughter played on her senior powderpuff football team last week and grabbed three flags.  Her technique was impressive and can be best summed up something like this: if I stand here, they’re bound to pass by me, and I can just grab the flag then.  Sadly, it seemed to work for her.
Here is a brief exhibit of how teenage girls play football.  They don’t get fancy, they just get dance-y.

That is all.

You may return to your regular holiday weekend blog surfing now.

Comments

Kelly Elmore said…
I need you to teach me how to Dougie now. Looks like fun!
Lynne said…
I would if I could, but I can't remember how!!!

Just watch and learn.

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home