Guess Whose is Coming to Dinner

As we finalize our Thanksgiving menu, I realized that we are doing a lot of borrowing from the traditions, taste tests, and tried-and-true recipes of others.  Here are just a few of the recipes of the food flavors we’ve fancied for our fall feast this year:
1.       Alton Brown’s brine
3.       Mark Bittman’s beets
I have to give a special nod to Mark Bittman’s brussel sprouts with bacon and figs.  Stephen made them the other day and they were fantastic! I’m just not sure they’ll fit in with all the other wonderful dishes we’ll already have on the table.
Brief videos for all of Bittman’s suggested Thanksgiving fare can be found here.

Hope your recipe for celebrating Thanksgiving is as warm, wonderful, or wild as you wish.

Comments

Kendall J said…
Can I just say this?

Alton Brown's Roast Turkey rawks!

Have a happy TG day Lynne!
Anonymous said…
At my parents' house for the holiday and I just saw C Firth's Pride and Prefjudice! Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation and happy holidays :)

Rachel
Lady Baker
Lynne said…
You may, and I agree (we've had it the last two years).

Also, have yourself a merry little Thanksgiving, too!
Lynne said…
Oooh. Two comments at the same time!

My first response was for Kendall, and this is for you, Rachel: You're welcome and Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm glad you had the time to sit through it all. We try to watch it at least once a year (sometimes twice) alternating with the other P&P (don't tell Kelly).

And this is for both of you: if/when you're in/near Boston, please let us know. Then we won't have to guess who's coming to dinner!

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home