As a big game hunter and farm working dog, the Cane Corso fell out of favor when its work was no longer valued. Loss of game and new farming methods made its skills unnecessary, and the breed, all but obsolete. Through the dedication of a few Cane Corso enthusiasts, the breed is rebounding in popularity as a guard dog (its name Corso, probably comes from the Greek KOHORS for protector).
I found several sites dedicated to this magnificent breed, but this breeder’s site is my favorite. Its write up on Cane Corso Security Systems is quite entertaining.
· Voice Activated and Controlled.
· Easy to Understand System Instructions.
· Simple and easy to use operation.
· No keypads to punch and codes to remember.
· Completely Wireless Security System!
· Comes with a variety of audible signals to alert you to emergency conditions.
· Responds instantly to any type of emergency (fire, intrusion or personal).
· Portable Personal Security System.
· Simple, Clean, Fast Installation!
· The completely wireless system needs no installation.
· No mess*, No wires, No dust or imposition.
*(Housebreaking is required)
But its dogs are what really sold me.
This is Chaos. Isn’t she gorgeous? I don’t recall ever having seen a more fearsome and beautiful guard dog.
I may have to write an Ode to a Devil Dog (not to be confused with my Ode to a Yodel), but for now, I can appreciate, from afar, the apparent strength and temperament of these working dogs as I hone in on my future dog-owning plans.