Angry Sophie and Loud Emily


I bought this book for my now 18 year-old daughter when she was about 4 or 5.  Molly Bang's pictures are memorable and the story is explosive with the colors of extreme emotion and gentle with the child's angry state. I remember my daughter, like Sophie, used to get very, very angry and would take herself out of the situation and go somewhere quiet to calm down. She still does this. It is a great skill to have. 


Around the same time, I bought her this book. The title kind of says it all. It's a little crazy tale that seemed  appropriate for my less-than-dulcet-toned child in that Emily uses her vocal talents for good!

Apparently, I'm not very subtle in my book as gift buying.

Despite the fact that these books are for ages 2-7, I sometimes want to break them out (of their "Children's Books to Save" prison under the stairs) and enjoy their sweet simple and timeless wisdom for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153