The only one I've ever come up with is to have someone else do it. I hate housework so I feel your pain. One of the very few things I miss about living in South Africa is the full time housekeeper I had.
I was hoping for something a little less expensive, though, like listening to 80s music, taking off your glasses so you can't see the dirt as well, or drinking wine before embarking. Oh wait - I do that now with limited success.
Oh well, I will say I feel better having a clean, somewhat clean, or all right - at least a marginally cleaner house than I did this morning!
Anonymous said…
Free educational podcasts or worthy audio books and good pair of earphones. Learn and clean at the same time!
The spoonful of sugar sounds more like what I'm cleaning up (my kids eat cereal like yours)!
Of course the problem with removing my glasses or drinking is that the dirt is really still there, just less noticed by the myopic drinking people in my house (me).
I'm still working on the headphones and audio book thing. I'll let you know how that works out then next time I clean...could be a while.
I do enjoy a little Andrea Bocelli booming through the house while washing the dishes (new dishwasher pump is on order). It helps transcend the drudgery.
Anonymous said…
Get a robot. My cheapo Rhoomba copy from China is fascinating to watch, and the cats like it too.
My solution to ironing is to listen to Peikoff's podcasts.
The presence of red coats (brown coats). A struggle for independence. A confluence of events and characters making a peerless assemblage. Having had the pleasure of watching the first three episodes of John Adams (the miniseries on HBO) this weekend, I got to wondering about the similarities between it and Firefly . Okay, not really, but the end of the opening theme does bear a striking resemblance to the end of The Ballad of Serenity . The miniseries is every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
Okay. Not really, but I've been thinking about it and this beautiful little song. We're singing this song in chorus this year. I love the memories of watching this on TV when I was young, but even more, it sounds beautiful when we are singing it all together now. I hope Martha Stewart has some awesome, low-cost things to make for Christmas this year. I'm going to need the help budget- and spirit-wise.
A ball bouncing game from my youth instructed the player to throw the ball up ( plainsies ), throw it up and clap ( clapsies ) throw it up and roll your hands ( roll the ball ) and touch your shoulders ( tabapsies ). In trying to locate the rest of the ball bouncing chant, I found out not only is my “tabapsies” a mondegreen , but also the motion – touching your shoulders – isn’t even the correct movement! You are supposed to clap your hands behind your back and say “ to backsies .” Yeah. That makes much more sense. Being only slightly deflated by this discovery, I will still share my exciting news. In an attempt to counteract the stretching of my wrist from doing front squats two days in a row, I pulled out the tabapsies motion this morning. This, in itself, is not newsworthy. However, I grabbed both shoulders with all five fingers!!! Again, not exciting unless you know that when I was nine years-old, I broke my left elbow doing a running c...
Comments
I was hoping for something a little less expensive, though, like listening to 80s music, taking off your glasses so you can't see the dirt as well, or drinking wine before embarking. Oh wait - I do that now with limited success.
Oh well, I will say I feel better having a clean, somewhat clean, or all right - at least a marginally cleaner house than I did this morning!
Perhaps a margarita?
If you discover something that works, be sure to share, as I am right there with you. :o)
Of course the problem with removing my glasses or drinking is that the dirt is really still there, just less noticed by the myopic drinking people in my house (me).
I'm still working on the headphones and audio book thing. I'll let you know how that works out then next time I clean...could be a while.
I do enjoy a little Andrea Bocelli booming through the house while washing the dishes (new dishwasher pump is on order). It helps transcend the drudgery.
My solution to ironing is to listen to Peikoff's podcasts.