TBR Stack

My friend Fiddler, who has smartly divided her interests into 3 or 4 blogs (instead of the one to catch-all and one to ignore as I do) had an interesting looking stack of books on her aptly named reading blog: A Habit of Reading a few weeks ago.

Her stack of books to be read made me collect my own stack of books that I am currently either between the covers or about to crack open any day now.

Some of these things are not like the others. I picked up Janet Evanovich at the library on Friday because I needed a book I could finish while getting my car inspected (the emergency Victorian novel idea is great, but since I borrowed it, I'm afraid to leave it in my dumpster on wheels car). I will definitely have to bring the last in the Twilight series to the beach this summer. You know, that is, if I actually go to the beach because I'm not much of a sun-worshipper.

And that lack of sun exposure and subsequent low level of vitamin D brings me to my next set of books by Weston A. Price, Gary Taubes, and Michael Pollan. I need to better understand the nutritional effects of different foods and how to eat better.

Take out the three book club books (The Art of Fiction, The Quiet Girl, and A Map of the World), the three Supreme Court books (Shaping Justice - to supplement the CD course, John Marshall, and The Dirty Dozen), and I'm left with OPAR, Sparrowhawk: Book Two, and GTD.

Maybe I should finish and institute the GTD system first and then the rest can fall off the TBR stack quickly and get filed into their appropriate spots.

Ooh, I feel a little like FDR with my GTD, OPAR and TBR. At least I did finally finished The Forgotten Man. I really enjoyed reading it and actually hope to retain some of it.

What's on your TBR list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153