3 Good Things (Atta Boy! Edition)

1.   Jumped from 80to 95 back squats this morning.  My lifting partner and I were in cahoots to make the jump—we figured we could handle it. We were right! Plus, there is something quite satisfying about putting on the big 25 weights rather than the pastiche of little weights (although the little weights do generate that satisfying “clang”).
2.   With a narrower stance and wider grip than the dead lift, I managed the 115 of the clean dead lift pretty well. Truthfully, I can’t even imagine getting that much weight OVER my head, but I’m not there yet, so I needn't fret.
3.   On seeing my handling of the clean dead lift, the trainer cheered me on with an “Atta Boy!” While I generally prefer, "You go, girl!" his exclamation struck me as a compliment.
*Unicode character U+2114 () is called the "L B Bar Symbol", and it is a cursive development of this symbol.  (from Wikipedia
 
Of course I have to use it.

Comments

JK said…
Hah! One of the reasons I grow a beard=so no one can see my cheeks go bright red when I say 'atta boy!' by mistake. Great lifts today, and thanks for the eggs!!!
Lynne said…
Completely unlike the time the high school librarian was trying to make an example out of my work to the other students (I was in 7th grade at the time):

"Now this young man . . ."
"I'm a girl."
"What? Now this young man . . ."
"I'm a GIRL."
Shaking me off, "Now this young man . . ."
"Oh nevermind."

True story.

This was SOOOO much better than that!

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home