Thursday, May 8, 2008

Math would be better...

if there were a little romance in it.


This is why it takes my 9 year old over two hours to do 45 minutes worth of math. To mere mortals, this problem looks like it asks, "Draw two circles. Shade 1/2 of one and 2/4 of the other. What percent of a circle is 2/4 of a circle?" To my daughter, it seems to say "When you're stuck doing math and would rather be reading about great adventures, make it work for you".


The "ew.", as a reflection of the standard response to kissing from those between the ages of 9 and 19 in our house, belies my true feelings about her little illustration, which if known, would only cause the math portion of the day to lengthen...and nobody wants that.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is great. It's those moments that I hope I remember as I think about sending them out to school every May.