Math would be better...

if there were a little romance in it.


This is why it takes my 9 year old over two hours to do 45 minutes worth of math. To mere mortals, this problem looks like it asks, "Draw two circles. Shade 1/2 of one and 2/4 of the other. What percent of a circle is 2/4 of a circle?" To my daughter, it seems to say "When you're stuck doing math and would rather be reading about great adventures, make it work for you".


The "ew.", as a reflection of the standard response to kissing from those between the ages of 9 and 19 in our house, belies my true feelings about her little illustration, which if known, would only cause the math portion of the day to lengthen...and nobody wants that.

Comments

tm said…
That is great. It's those moments that I hope I remember as I think about sending them out to school every May.

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153