Putting on the Red Light

Contrary to The Police’s sage advice for Roxanne…




I do have to put on the red light in order to prepare for the imminent arrival of our baby chicks!

And, as if watching the video of the boys from so very long ago isn’t enough fun for today, I present you with this little ‘fore and aft’ peak at a tiny bit of my house cleaning efforts and our set-up for the baby chicks. Here are two shots of our 3'x4' catch-all area.

On the left, giving the term "mudroom" a very literal meaning, is a mish-mash of dog treats, gardening stuff (including but not limited to actual mud), an Ollivander’s Wand Shop pot for a wand-making activity at my youngest’s birthday party – two years ago! – and other sundry what-the-hell-do-I-do-with-this-stuff-now items. On the right is the same area cleaned out and improved with a home-made chick brooder, the subject red light, and some colorful, original art canvases (also known as acrylic paintings done by the kids years ago). I think the art work lends the whole chick-raising experience that certain je ne sais quoi which is so important to the success of any Green Acres endeavor.

By the way, the sad looking spathiphyllum in the back on the left is much happier after a bath and a haircut and is notably the only plant that I’ve ever been able to keep alive (going on twenty years, now). Amazing, I know.

3 Apr 09: Fixed 'left' and 'right' lysdexia.

Comments

Christina said…
Darn, I wanted one of those click to enlarge photos, LB! I can tell photo B is looking fine, but I want to see the Ollivander's wand shop pot!
Lynne said…
It's odd. I tried to combine the photos so they would remain side by side, but I effectively decreased their resolution so much that they're hardly discernible.

It might be fun to have a clickable tour of that pile of stuff, but I'm not sure even I know what it all is!

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home