A Tale of Two Thank-Yous

Since I came from a country guilty of the worst tyranny on earth, I am particularly able to appreciate the meaning, the greatness and supreme value of that which you are defending. So, in my own name, and in the name of many people who think as I do, I want to say, to all the men of West Point, past, present, and future: Thank you.
Ayn Rand, Philosophy: Who Needs It, 1974


THANKS TED (next screen) THE PEOPLE OF MASS
Massachusetts DOT, Electronic Highway Sign, Sunday, August 30, 2009


In the first thank-you, I would resolutely include myself among those who are grateful. In the second, I have been not only included without my consent, but also made to pay the bill for the public display.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153