1. In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
– Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)
2. What is that caterwauling?
– my 11 year-old upon hearing an audio playback of her own violin practice.
3. Today, when a concerted effort is made to obliterate this point, it cannot be repeated too often that the Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals—that it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government—that it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizens’ protection against the government.
– Ayn Rand in “The Nature of Government”