3 Good Things (At the Suggestion of Friends edition)


1.  A friend suggested that I bring the Wee One’s iPod with her to the dentist’s office so that she could drown out the sound of two teeth being ripped from her gums.  After the Novocain (the worst part of the procedure) but before the ripping began, this prompted a “You know, Taylor Swift really has a calming effect” instead of “Yeeeoooooow” from her.

2.  After several unsuccessful attempts to answer calls from a friend (whose cell phone I had apparently dialed first with my cheek while trying to answer a call from my daughter) I realized that my phone had no sound no matter what control I adjusted.  When I finally spoke to her she suggested that I turn the phone off and back on to reset it.  This worked and helped me to avoid an embarrassing trip to the Verizon store.

3.  Tonight, at the suggestion of my college roommate, we’re going to watch The Boys are Back as we resume our bi-monthly Friday Movie Nights at home.   I had forgotten all about this movie and I’m really looking forward to watching it!  I’ll have to let you know how it is, but I know one thing it has going for it already: Clive Owen.

Update on movie: Not even Clive was able to save this one. Based on the trailer I watched, I thought it was going to be an uplifting story about how loving life triumphs over tragedy. In the end, it was about a man who struggled against becoming a father to his children - the resolution of which was very unsatisfying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153