Now We're Cooking.

The sarcasm that had repelled, the harshness that had startled me once, were only like keen condiments in a choice dish: their presence was pungent, but their absence would be felt as comparatively insipid. 
Charlotte Bronte (21 Apr 1816 - 31 Mar 1855) in Jane Eyre




This was the last in a list of detailed instructions left for me on the kitchen table by my husband one morning after I asked what I should do to assist in the food preparation for that evening. 

I think his Good Wife's Guide sarcasm is a direct result of the fact that his recipe for apple pie comes straight from the American Woman's Cook Book (c) 1956. 

And I find both his sprinkling of sarcasm and apple pie delicious! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home