Love the shoes, hate the heels. But vinyl? I'd wear them if they were leather and I had the right outfit (you'd have to take me shopping and give copious amounts of advice).
I'm not sure I could even conjure up an outfit to go with these, let alone actually find one!
The vinyl is because they're rain boots - you know, galoshes, wellies, rubbers, totes - only better!
Anonymous said…
I just read Valda's comment. Hate boots? How dare you say such a thing. There is little that I have come across that is sexier than a great pair of boots on a gorgeous woman -- and trust me, as a red-blooded American male, I have done a lot of research, take thousands of polls, and done years of study on the subject!
LB, please post a picture of your favorite pair boots. Valda must be shown the error of her ways. :-)
With the right skirt, one could pull off your green-eyed frog boots.
But yes, I am was thinking more along the lines of a pair of Michael Kors or Jimmy Choos wore by a hot, successful female Surgeon/Lawyer/Investment Banker type. Heidi Klum never really got me. However, since you you brought up Heidi, I will take the opportunity to name my favorite super model: Laetitia Casta
"Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*!"
The presence of red coats (brown coats). A struggle for independence. A confluence of events and characters making a peerless assemblage. Having had the pleasure of watching the first three episodes of John Adams (the miniseries on HBO) this weekend, I got to wondering about the similarities between it and Firefly . Okay, not really, but the end of the opening theme does bear a striking resemblance to the end of The Ballad of Serenity . The miniseries is every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
Okay. Not really, but I've been thinking about it and this beautiful little song. We're singing this song in chorus this year. I love the memories of watching this on TV when I was young, but even more, it sounds beautiful when we are singing it all together now. I hope Martha Stewart has some awesome, low-cost things to make for Christmas this year. I'm going to need the help budget- and spirit-wise.
A ball bouncing game from my youth instructed the player to throw the ball up ( plainsies ), throw it up and clap ( clapsies ) throw it up and roll your hands ( roll the ball ) and touch your shoulders ( tabapsies ). In trying to locate the rest of the ball bouncing chant, I found out not only is my “tabapsies” a mondegreen , but also the motion – touching your shoulders – isn’t even the correct movement! You are supposed to clap your hands behind your back and say “ to backsies .” Yeah. That makes much more sense. Being only slightly deflated by this discovery, I will still share my exciting news. In an attempt to counteract the stretching of my wrist from doing front squats two days in a row, I pulled out the tabapsies motion this morning. This, in itself, is not newsworthy. However, I grabbed both shoulders with all five fingers!!! Again, not exciting unless you know that when I was nine years-old, I broke my left elbow doing a running c...
Comments
I'm going to have to give this some more thought.
The vinyl is because they're rain boots - you know, galoshes, wellies, rubbers, totes - only better!
LB, please post a picture of your favorite pair boots. Valda must be shown the error of her ways. :-)
But yes, I am was thinking more along the lines of a pair of Michael Kors or Jimmy Choos wore by a hot, successful female Surgeon/Lawyer/Investment Banker type. Heidi Klum never really got me. However, since you you brought up Heidi, I will take the opportunity to name my favorite super model: Laetitia Casta
E. Mode