Darn, you beat me to it. Moses was going to be my belated Music Monday post. Oh, well, guess I'll have to go blog about Beethoven or, ooh, I know someone you'll love, LB--Penderecki! : )
The presence of red coats (brown coats). A struggle for independence. A confluence of events and characters making a peerless assemblage. Having had the pleasure of watching the first three episodes of John Adams (the miniseries on HBO) this weekend, I got to wondering about the similarities between it and Firefly . Okay, not really, but the end of the opening theme does bear a striking resemblance to the end of The Ballad of Serenity . The miniseries is every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
A ball bouncing game from my youth instructed the player to throw the ball up ( plainsies ), throw it up and clap ( clapsies ) throw it up and roll your hands ( roll the ball ) and touch your shoulders ( tabapsies ). In trying to locate the rest of the ball bouncing chant, I found out not only is my “tabapsies” a mondegreen , but also the motion – touching your shoulders – isn’t even the correct movement! You are supposed to clap your hands behind your back and say “ to backsies .” Yeah. That makes much more sense. Being only slightly deflated by this discovery, I will still share my exciting news. In an attempt to counteract the stretching of my wrist from doing front squats two days in a row, I pulled out the tabapsies motion this morning. This, in itself, is not newsworthy. However, I grabbed both shoulders with all five fingers!!! Again, not exciting unless you know that when I was nine years-old, I broke my left elbow doing a running c...
Okay. Not really, but I've been thinking about it and this beautiful little song. We're singing this song in chorus this year. I love the memories of watching this on TV when I was young, but even more, it sounds beautiful when we are singing it all together now. I hope Martha Stewart has some awesome, low-cost things to make for Christmas this year. I'm going to need the help budget- and spirit-wise.
Comments
I guess it's all that practice. You'd be surprised how often the need to mimick purring comes up in every day conversation.
Actually, it was Fiddler who introduced the diction exercise to the chorus today. Yay for all the happiness it brought, both in and after chorus!
Well done.