I Like Dreamin'

A friend of mine (whose birthday is today) heard this song on the radio this morning and thought of me. Which made me laugh.

In my defense, we've been friends since the 7th grade.




Is it really any wonder that I'm feeling more like a lover than a fighter these days? This is the music that helped to form my ideas of what romantic love is all about. It was my absolutely favorite song between the ages of 12-17. Sure it's schmaltzy, but I can't help it; even now, I love it so.

The singer, Kenny Nolan, was a sort of one hit wonder (okay - I know all about Love's Grown Deep), but as a song writer, he gained fame through co-writing My Eyes Adored You, made famous by Frankie Valli, and Lady Marmalade, made famous by Labelle (Patti LaBelle lead singer). My Eyes Adored You has the honor of the goofiest line in pop music in its refrain: "Though I never laid a hand on you, my eyes adored you."

Still - harp music, lush fades into and out of dream sequences, random key changes, singing over your own voice? Nope. They just don't write 'em like that anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153