329 in 332

Dear Reader,
Since July of 2009, I have posted 329 times out of 332 days.  While not every post represents a different day, those numbers mean that I’ve made an entry to this blog nearly every day for the better part of a year.  It really wasn’t until November that I actually made the daily posting challenge to myself – taking off time near Christmas – but still, that’s a pretty consistent record.
As far as quality goes, I’ll admit that the content often dropped sharply when frequency, rather than inspiration, became the motivation for me to post.  Even with the occasional dogs (and I mean insipid posts, not posts regarding actual dogs about which I am generally and genuinely excited), I’m pleased that I could find something I was at least interested in writing something about every day.  Better, as a result, I have several meaty draft posts that I started and abandoned for time’s sake that I can work on when my daily personal challenge is over.
I’m going to try to make it a full year with nearly daily posts, and then I’ll be taking a little break beginning July 1, to revisit, revise, rewrite, maybe even rework a few things. Currently, I'm toying with the idea of a subject posting schedule. I thought I’d let you know so that you won’t have to go cold turkey without me and run the risk of 3 Ring Binder withdrawal, which, I understand, isn’t pretty. 
You may be happy to know that I’m going to work on my comma use (I’m a, comma, freak – love ‘em!) and my em-dash use (love—those—too!)
If you really miss me, you can always read some of my older stuff that perhaps you haven’t seen, or may comment on a past post and I’ll be sure to respond . . . I’m likely to respond . . . I just might respond.  (I’ll work on my ellipses use as well – but not parenthesis!)  (I love them far too much to consider losing them to pedantic rules of English usage!)  (And that’s final.)
Toodles,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home