Let Them Eat Cake

As cake season approaches (graduations, birthdays, cookouts, father’s day, etc.), I have to remember to balance the nutritional desert that is the white flour and refined sugar dessert against the tasty treat that is cake.  Happily, I’m not a huge fan of cake, but when it’s in the house it’s hard for me to resist.
Now that the youngest of the remaining occupants in my house has gotten into the cake baking habit, I’m requesting that no cake be allowed in the house unless it looks like this.
My daughter suggested that her father has quite a lot of work to do in the next month in order to reproduce this beauty for her birthday. Now that I finally started reading Good Calories, Bad Calories, I seconded her thoughts adding that it will be extra challenging to reproduce in meat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home