Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sally Bowles meets Saul Alisnky


Nothing says Mother's Day like getting the ecoutrement for burlesque class.  I can hardly wait to see exactly how non-radical a middle class mom I really am when I begin next week (I hope to not be a weenie and make the most of it).  As I went to take a shot of the bowler (love bowlers - so Magritte), boa, stockings, and gloves on the post, I noticed the open Rules for Radicals (forgot to mention I was reading that, too) on the desk behind it and thought it provided  a funny juxtaposition.

What can I say? I like to have a diverse skill set.


And when I'm done performing my radical cabaret act, my husband has oatmeal cookies and milk waiting for me.

Life is good. 

2 comments:

Errant Aesthete said...

Exactly what every woman needs; a husband bearing cookies. How blessed you are!

Lynne said...

Oh, I know it!

Better than cookies, he manages to cook delicious meals almost every night. He likes to cook. What kind of wife would I be if I denied him that simple pleasure?