At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I must direct your attention to today's post on How Not to Act Old. It has something for everyone (over 35, that is).
I didn't know until seeing the cover of the blog author's latest book that she was the same woman who penned (with another woman) the baby name book responsible for my oldest child's name ( Beyond Jennifer and Jason). I enjoyed that book (and it lasted through three kids), and I may have to go find her new one. Looks like she's had several in between.
While I am starting to wear more color (did ya see my red shirt at the perc. workshop? Shhhh, don't tell anyone that was my chorus shirt), I will not give up my flat, rubber-soled shoes. I heart my Keens and my Simple sneaks.
I did notice your stepping up the fashion and color! Love the kicks (that's how my kids say sneakers).
I really can't talk as my wardrobe is mostly black, but today, I shall wear...drumroll please...brown. Woo-hoo!
By far my favorite line of her post, and the one I carry in my heart is "As long as you’re still walking this earth, you might as well do it in shoes that click."
The presence of red coats (brown coats). A struggle for independence. A confluence of events and characters making a peerless assemblage. Having had the pleasure of watching the first three episodes of John Adams (the miniseries on HBO) this weekend, I got to wondering about the similarities between it and Firefly . Okay, not really, but the end of the opening theme does bear a striking resemblance to the end of The Ballad of Serenity . The miniseries is every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
Okay. Not really, but I've been thinking about it and this beautiful little song. We're singing this song in chorus this year. I love the memories of watching this on TV when I was young, but even more, it sounds beautiful when we are singing it all together now. I hope Martha Stewart has some awesome, low-cost things to make for Christmas this year. I'm going to need the help budget- and spirit-wise.
A ball bouncing game from my youth instructed the player to throw the ball up ( plainsies ), throw it up and clap ( clapsies ) throw it up and roll your hands ( roll the ball ) and touch your shoulders ( tabapsies ). In trying to locate the rest of the ball bouncing chant, I found out not only is my “tabapsies” a mondegreen , but also the motion – touching your shoulders – isn’t even the correct movement! You are supposed to clap your hands behind your back and say “ to backsies .” Yeah. That makes much more sense. Being only slightly deflated by this discovery, I will still share my exciting news. In an attempt to counteract the stretching of my wrist from doing front squats two days in a row, I pulled out the tabapsies motion this morning. This, in itself, is not newsworthy. However, I grabbed both shoulders with all five fingers!!! Again, not exciting unless you know that when I was nine years-old, I broke my left elbow doing a running c...
Comments
Dur.
While I am starting to wear more color (did ya see my red shirt at the perc. workshop? Shhhh, don't tell anyone that was my chorus shirt), I will not give up my flat, rubber-soled shoes. I heart my Keens and my Simple sneaks.
I really can't talk as my wardrobe is mostly black, but today, I shall wear...drumroll please...brown. Woo-hoo!
By far my favorite line of her post, and the one I carry in my heart is "As long as you’re still walking this earth, you might as well do it in shoes that click."