My Bacon Number:3

Do you have a Bacon Number?  I do.

A Bacon Number is not about how much you love bacon - then I would be a one - but about the fewest number of movie/show links that will connect the actor Kevin Bacon and any other actor.  Or extra.

As a sophomore in high school I was an extra in a B horror flick called, at the time, The Coming. It was about the haunted life of a descendant of the Salem witch accuser Ann Putman, played by Susan Swift.  I was the girl's classmate and sat next to her on the bus. I got paid $25 a day and spent a night inside the Witch Museum for filming, an entire day in a cemetery, and a few days hanging around the set on Chestnut St. And, I didn't have to go to school those days.

It was a really fun experience. I think I am in the film for 2.4 seconds.

After a name change to Burned at the Stake, the movie went directly to cable. Despite being an amazingly bad movie (I did see it at one point), in it I am rocking the bad perm, gradient tint glasses, and a mauve A-line plaid skirt.  For these reasons alone my family would LOVE to get their hands on it.

Without further ado, here is how I am connected to Kevin Bacon:


That's me (via The Coming )> Susan Swift (via Harper Valley P.T.A) > Clint Howard (via My Dog Skip) > Kevin Bacon: 3.

Please, no autograph requests.

Comments

Cindy said…
I was at a party once and he and Kyra were there, but I never met him. So is that a one or zero?
Lynne said…
That's a tough one. I'm going to have to go with zero because despite any "close to personal" interaction, it was not on film. :)
Christina said…
I guess my Bacon number is 4, since I know you IRL? I would love to see Burned at the Stake, should your family ever get their hands on it.
Lynne said…
I don't know. We've never made a movie or show together have we? I don't think home movies of an ATN chorus performance count.

(For the record, I have an Williams number of 4 - Yes, Andy.)
Christina said…
Oh, we actually need to have performed together? Well, there are those ATN videos out there in the ether. But perhaps something along these lines would be an enjoyable project for us one of these days.
Lynne said…
That's funny, but, oh, the editing! I'm tired just thinking about it.

I bet our friends could lip-sync better.

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

Objectivist Round Up #153

There's No Place Like Home