And Then There Were Six

Rather than being eaten, it’s possible that at the age of four to five months old, our turkey chicks may actually be living on their own, so we shouldn’t be too sad that another one is missing (one other is just not pictured) today – so I explained to my youngest this morning .


No doubt inspired by my frank discussions with her twenty year-old brother about his uncertain future due to his lack of enthusiasm in college, she suggested that perhaps the turkey “is living in his mother’s basement”.

Maybe I should stop wearing this t-shirt around the house.


Update: my daughter may have been onto something this morning. This afternoon Butterball decided to grace his family (and our back yard) with his presence, so there are still seven of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153