Objectivism and Objectivists Round-Up #67

I am continuing to work on an essay entitled "Why I am an Objectivist".

In it, I am not trying to explain Objectivism inasmuch as I am attempting to explain why I identify myself as an Objectivist. Oddly, I am finding that my essay requires much more effort and editing than I originally thought it would. After all, how hard could it be? It's all about me - a subject on which I am a uniquely qualified expert! In its current state, however, my essay lacks precision and the depth necessary to clearly explain the importance of this moral philosophy. In short, it is perfectly reflective of my intellectual short-comings in this area.

There is one thing of which I am certain regarding Objectivism (or any philosophy for that matter): if you are really interested in its ideas, you should read the original sources of the philosophy, in this case, the fiction or non-fiction works of Ayn Rand. While there are many Objectivist writers whose books and essays on Objectivism and its application I enjoy reading and often find inspiring, Ayn Rand is unsurpassed in her clarity, precision, and application of the philosophy she developed.

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
—Ayn Rand
In the meantime, you can peruse this week's collected posts of some of the Objectivist bloggers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Contest

There's No Place Like Home

Objectivist Round Up #153