I'm sitting at work right now in a Spiderman t-shirt, because my son (2.5 yrs) has told me in no uncertain terms that because he will be the "black Spiderman" (the evil one from Spiderman III, which he has never seen), I must be the "red Spiderman."
The t-shirt was my compromise. Ahh... what we do for the little ones.
I love the image! I once wore an enthusiastically painted rigatoni and yarn necklace to a client meeting at work regardless of the fact that I could have slipped it off and no child's feelings would have been hurt in the process. I like to think that shows our integrity.
You know the hand pumpkin is Stephen's. He has quite a collection of awesome pumpkins behind him. This is not his finest work - we were in a hurry.
The presence of red coats (brown coats). A struggle for independence. A confluence of events and characters making a peerless assemblage. Having had the pleasure of watching the first three episodes of John Adams (the miniseries on HBO) this weekend, I got to wondering about the similarities between it and Firefly . Okay, not really, but the end of the opening theme does bear a striking resemblance to the end of The Ballad of Serenity . The miniseries is every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
Okay. Not really, but I've been thinking about it and this beautiful little song. We're singing this song in chorus this year. I love the memories of watching this on TV when I was young, but even more, it sounds beautiful when we are singing it all together now. I hope Martha Stewart has some awesome, low-cost things to make for Christmas this year. I'm going to need the help budget- and spirit-wise.
A ball bouncing game from my youth instructed the player to throw the ball up ( plainsies ), throw it up and clap ( clapsies ) throw it up and roll your hands ( roll the ball ) and touch your shoulders ( tabapsies ). In trying to locate the rest of the ball bouncing chant, I found out not only is my “tabapsies” a mondegreen , but also the motion – touching your shoulders – isn’t even the correct movement! You are supposed to clap your hands behind your back and say “ to backsies .” Yeah. That makes much more sense. Being only slightly deflated by this discovery, I will still share my exciting news. In an attempt to counteract the stretching of my wrist from doing front squats two days in a row, I pulled out the tabapsies motion this morning. This, in itself, is not newsworthy. However, I grabbed both shoulders with all five fingers!!! Again, not exciting unless you know that when I was nine years-old, I broke my left elbow doing a running c...
Comments
I'm sitting at work right now in a Spiderman t-shirt, because my son (2.5 yrs) has told me in no uncertain terms that because he will be the "black Spiderman" (the evil one from Spiderman III, which he has never seen), I must be the "red Spiderman."
The t-shirt was my compromise. Ahh... what we do for the little ones.
You know the hand pumpkin is Stephen's. He has quite a collection of awesome pumpkins behind him. This is not his finest work - we were in a hurry.
Have fun with little ones tonight!